From Xanadu Medspa
Oh, the weather outside is frightful, and so is the affect it can have on our skin. Cold weather combined with low humidity levels results in extra dry air, especially here in Colorado. We all winterize our homes and cars—it is important to take the same precautionary care for our skin as well.
1. Stay hydrated. This is always a foundational element of skin care, but is especially true in these winter months. Focus on consuming 1.6-2 liters of water each day. Eating foods that are high in water content can also provide beneficial outcomes.
2. Humidify your air. Don’t forget to turn on your whole house humidifier (if you have one). If you don’t, invest in a good humidifier for your dwelling. Furnaces and heating systems exasperate issues with dryness in the winter. Counteract that with pumping some good moisture in the air you live and sleep in.
3. Protect your face. Pop that collar and wear your scarves. Not only can it be a fashion statement, but it also protects your face from those damaging cold winds. Additionally, invest in a good moisturizing sunscreen.
4. Moisturize multiple times a day. This is true for both women and men. Look for moisturizers that contain green-tea polyphenols or wild yam extract. At night, consider a heavier moisturizer so your skin can drink it in while you sleep.
5. Exfoliation. Removing surface skin during the winter is so important. Winter is a great time to consider professional chemical peels at Xanadu Med Spa as well.
6. Consider professional treatments. One of my favorites is the HydraFacial. This treatment is fantastic as it provides a light peel & infuses beneficial hydration into the skin, and it infuses the skin’s surface with antioxidants and peptides to maximize your glow.